FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:14 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
MIAMI transit #2

Another day, another Miami transit. What would the immigration lottery bring up today? Queues, but not as bad as the first arrival. It was a mere 60 minutes before I was through immigration, and a couple of minutes later through customs as well.

Since I had plenty of time before check in opened I wandered the terminal. As I past the desks for the airline of the next flight I noted the time that check in opened. Crud it is even later than I'd supposed. Oh well, I have time to walk several laps of the terminal to get some exercise in before the long flights over the next several days. A small consolation for the loss of a few hours of useful work.

During my wanderings I noted the moving walkways on 3rd level are hardly used. There are almost no seats in D, E & F areas on levels 2 (check in) or 3, but the J area has lots of good comfy seats as long as you don't mind no seat back (level 3 barely used but level 2 in high demand).

I also noted several airlines have kiosks to check in, but not my next airline. Nevertheless I made attempt number 3 to check in, at the American Airlines kiosks. I was surprised it didn't boot me out immediately but it recognised my next flight and asked for passport. For some reason the scan didn't take but it allowed manual entry. Then a bright yellow triangle with a message that my documents need to be checked. Crud, foiled again.