FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:56 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
MIAMI transit

There was a very small queue at immigration so my usual "trick" of queuing at line 28 was not needed. Line 28 is the far left lane for non-Americans, and once past a pillar opens up into several booths (although they may not all be manned) which cannot be reached other than through the diplomat line 36 (which is usually guarded) or line 28. As long as there is at least one booth open behind the pillar, line 28 is almost guaranteed to move faster than the other lines.

No queue at customs either, so within 15 minutes of landing I was landside. I checked out E security checkpoint, which is near where you come out from arrivals (but up one level) but as the nudeoscopes were operating I continued on to D security checkpoint where the nudeoscopes were not currently being used. The queue was slightly longer but a couple of minutes is a small price to pay.

Back to the lounge for a shower and then some work while I waited for my flight. I had a long transit. The original booking had a couple of hours but schedule changes after ticketing reduced that to a little over an hour. I didn't think that was safe, with a high chance of misconnecting, and so when I reticketed for the reroute to Santo Domingo I also switched to the earlier flight from Sint Maarten.