FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:26 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
MIAMI to SINT MAARTEN (MIA-SXM) on American Airlines 737-800 in business

Check in was quick - only 1 boarding pass today for the first time in a long time. No queue at security and I was also able to avoid the nudeoscope. I walked to the D30 Admirals Club lounge despite the signs suggesting to take the airtrain - it is only 5 gates from security.

The lounge bouncers required photo id to enter, citing "security". What a load of bollox. I'm already airside having just passed through security. I made my way to a computer and did a bit of work while waiting for boarding time. The time on the boarding pass was ridiculously early, so notwithstanding my usual practice of wanting to board early I did leave the lounge later than the time printed despite the gate being 10 gates away.

The flight was totally full and it appears there was only 1 upgrade given.

No pre-departure drink. After take-off there was a hot towel, nuts, drink, and arrival cards handed out. The flight attendants and one or two passengers had pasta, but for most it was a choice of chicken or none.

There were great views of the Bahamas as the sun set. Otherwise too dark to see anything until close to landing. We arrived on time and immigration was a breeze.