FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:06 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SANTO DOMINGO transit

Coming off the airbridge I saw a sign for international transit and headed off in that direction. I was unsure whether or not there would be one - some airports in this region have it and some do not. Unfortunately it was closed and I was directed back to immigration and a US$10 tourist card for the privilege. Both the tourist card and immigration queues were quick and I was soon landside, slightly poorer and another space in the passport used up. I had a quick wander around before heading back through immigration (another stamp) and then to the Admirals Club lounge, where I enquired about switching to an earlier flight. Unfortunately they'd already processed all the upgrades and the only seats available were middle ones in economy. I opted to stay on the flight I'd booked as I figured a couple of hours later in getting to a hotel room is not that important.

The lounge was initially busy with a family of kids taking up all the computers, but soon I was the only passenger as the earlier flight commenced boarding. I had some coffee to keep awake and posted a bit more of this report, hardly noticing the lounge fill up and become noisy.