FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:52 pm
CIAO LAX

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Travel Update

Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
Strange, because I am traveling on CO1179 today, YN reward ticket, CO/UA Gold, and I have the MileagePlus Explorer card on my profile. I received an upgrade 3 days ago. I would check your CO profile and make sure it is updated correctly with your Presidential Plus CC number, exp date, security code correctly. In the past, I haven't been on the list, and I updated my CO profile, and now it worked for me. Just a thought.

And PS, they don't do anything for you at the airport. Be prepared to be disappointed.
Just checked in for the EWR-CUN leg of my flight, offered to buy up to F for $139... the page said "Elite members traveling on reward tickets are not eligible for space available upgrades" - it was interesting the website said this, especially after I was upgraded LAX-EWR the other day! I declined the offer, and then checked the upgrade list, and my name is not on there. I guess today I am not in Continental's good graces. I have no idea what is going on with their crazy systems, but I'm a little annoyed right now...