FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED
Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:56 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Document everything to a t. Pm me and we will later email. Im only on my phone now til after jan 1 but will try to gather everyones horror story from both threads and anything cartera.

I am taking them to small claims court over ua mom and other failures like yours. Since i live near them and the court it would be held in is near them and near where i grew up, it will be no problem other than gas and more of my time to go enjoy visits with me dear olde mum between sessions.

Cartera could have avoided this but they are slow and they appear to lie a lot.

My goal is to get my miles in cash or as miles plus compensation for wasted time they cost me. My other goal is to expose their innept ways and scam ridden sales model.

Happy new year.

Mm

Originally Posted by wise2u
Since Catera runs a bunch of these online malls, badly...it makes it not worth shopping. I am about to have to fight for my Months of Miles promo from UA shopping mall, run by, guess who.
United changed the terms from unlimited to 25k max and wrote a letter to everyone (no problems with that, 75 purchases= 25k from UA)
The problem is Catera changed the eligibility of Home Depot $10 gift cards a few weeks into the deal and didn't mail anyone and didnt post it plainly on the shopping site (none of the screens nessesary to place another order showed the change in terms)....so now after multiple e-mails only 41 out of 75 have posted, up from 12 but with no explanation of why not all of them. I had to find out about the change of terms from a thread on FT...they have no communication besides the kolandra bot. Wanna new cause to hate Catera MM? Can you write some letters for me? (jk)
I used to shy away from the online milage malls because stuff was overpriced which meant you were still paying for the miles.
Now I stay away because Catera runs promos and changes terms without notice, renigs on offers after the fact, has poor to no communication with customers, and can't post correct point totals in a timely manner.
We should raise hell with the respectable companies putting their name on the Catera mall and tell them we demand better.
Marathon Man, work up a good form letter showing our disgust, and we can send it to AA, DL, UA and any other companies that have a screwed up Catera run website.