FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:53 am
SPLP007

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I used the card at my local MB dealer to pay for my recent GL service. It is a big, fully fledged "official" MB dealer. Interestingly the 5x points did not post. I emailed CS and got some mumbo jumbo from someone in Far East call center but they did add the missing points as a "courtesy". But be sure to check as this was paying for a qualifying expense at a qualifying dealer and it did not post automatically.

On the plus side I like that MR posting is now at least in line with the statement period and not calendar month. That makes tracking the points far easier. Now that Amex MR is facing real competition from Chase UR, and indeed I would say has fallen behind already, maybe they will now go to posting as soon as statement clears rather than a month in arrears too
GOOD POINT --amex not like it once was --they are 2nd -it is a shame ---they do not even try to "catch up" forget about re gaining #1 -I AM WITH AMEX 40 YEARS , CHASE 20 --- CHASE WAS THE SLEEPING GIANT -BUT NO MORE