FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:45 pm
claes059

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Smile Thinking Green in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels!

Thinking Green in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels!

Pics. Sheraton Brussels 2011:
http://travel.webshots.com/myphotos?...ecurity=dWPsGZ

Recently I stayed in the Sheraton Brussels, a favorite Starwood hotel of mine. I was upgraded to a nice suite and received nice welcome amenities since we wanted to visit the Christmas market in Brussels.
It was nice gesture of the hotel and we felt very welcome, especially with the welcome card of the manager.

The suite was as always spacious with warm colors and a large Philips flatsquare tv. Our stay was almost perfect. A high and friendly level of service, a comfortable accommodation with a great view, a coffeemachine and watercooker and a small supply of instant coffee, tea and sugar, all Fair Trade! A comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and a Blue Bathroom. Though we liked the interior of the bathroom much more compared to the bathrooms we had before, the bathtub is still too small. Still I had a very relaxing bath. The bathroom offered a wide range of bahtamenities, including a comb and shavingset.

We enjoyed the Winterpret ( Winterpleasure) presents and I liked the taste of the Timmermans beer.
We appreciated the high quality of the musicplayer, the Sony radio, very much and used it frequently.

We noticed the Clublounge had been impoved. I liked the comfortable seats for relaxing during the breakfast or eveningdrinks.
During the evening I was happy to notice I could make a choice between two red wines. Beside the usual Norton wine, this time a biological wine was offered. It appeared to be a fine wine and I enjoyed it very much.
The lounge offered more selections of snacks this time and we enjoyed it! The butlers offered excellent and friendly service. We noticed it was busy in the Clublounge and we could imagine this since it has so much to offer! My friend noticed no female butlers are serving in the clublounge, we have never noticed this the last years. She told me she would prefer if a female butler would give service too. Many years ago, with the reception in the Clublounge open, I have noticed female butlers, but I am not sure if they were the receptionists!
My friend asked for hot water in the lounge, it was served in the thermo/coffee jar. When she wanted to use the water, the water was slightly brown of the coffee which used to be in the jar. She did not want to drink it anymore.
In the suite we missed some cushion on the seating. The couch and seats are very deep and one needs a cushion to support the back
The cushions of the bed appeared to be very soft and they did not support the head comfortably. I missed the Sheraton Brand cushion on the bed and we always liked the configuration of cushions the old way. Not stapled on eachother ( horizontal) but we like them vertical as it used to be for many years. In front of it the cushion with the S of the Sheraton Brand…
The t.v. in the bedroom did not show any tv channels, we did regret we could not watch tv in the bedroom.
The suite offered a kitchenette, however my friend missed a kitchentowel.

In the lobby area we noticed the Thinking Green area. It is great the Sheraton Brussels is taking steps to a better way of Thinking Green and is using Fair Trade products, for a better “Mother Nature”.
The showcase in the lobby was impressive, but I could imagine it can be displayed in a more stylish / modern way!

We had a great comfortable weekend in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels and already looking forward to come back!

Pics. Sheraton Brussels 2011:
http://travel.webshots.com/myphotos?...ecurity=dWPsGZ