FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:43 pm
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I disagree ; the card company is supposed to be providing lounge access to the cardholder; if the access is not provided, then I would expect the card company to credit for the lack of access; the card company has been paid an annual fee which entitles access and would expect them to make good issues where it is refused

Wroing that access was refused, but it us the method I would have chosen to work with the refusal
You are making an assumption without any basis, which is unlike you. My assumption would be that the card company has fully fulfilled its obligation - it paid AA whatever amount was due, under the contract, for access. So my assumption is that AA (not the card company) made a mistake (either systemic or individual agent) so it is AA which owes compensation. It would therefore be placing a burden on the credit card company (pay the money for the new charge to AA, investigate the charge back, convince AA to reimburse) when the card company probably (in my assumption) did nothing wrong.