FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:28 am
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Regarding whether this card is indeed churnable:

I jumped on the recent offer: 40k + up to 10k for BT. The card I received in the mail was simply "US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard." No mention of "Platinum" or "World Premier" or anything like that. I've never had a US card before. Are other folks getting this same card, or is Barclays still issuing "Platinum" and "World Premier" cards as well?

Of the folks who have received a second US Air card under the recent offer, did you receive a "different" card than you did the first time around? In other words, were you only able to churn the card because you had a "World Premier" or "Platinum" card the first time around, but were issued a different "product" this second time around?

I know there are rare instances of people holding a "Platinum" and "World Premier" simultaneously after calling to question the 10k vs. 35k bonus, but I'm curious how often (if ever) people have been issued the exact same card twice.
My US Airways card is a Platinum MC. Anything that doesn't pull Experian for me here in MA and doesn't have an awful signup bonus is almost an automatic for me (Chase, Citi, AMEX all pull EX for me).