FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:20 pm
joel67

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Note UA Insider's post (quoted by me in post #239 above). Also, note that CO allows routing changes (e.g., a different connecting city) if the fare allows it, whereas UA does not.
I know I'm a relative newcomer to CO, but my experience so far has been that all upgrade space is gone by the time I can switch to another flight. In fact, it seems like CO's normal front cabin state is that there are either lots of empty seats and I'm wondering why upgrades aren't being processed or they're suddenly all taken.

Hopefully the behavior will become better balanced once they're done with the big integration changes and can focus more on fine-tuning their revenue management system to reflect the new reality. It's quite understandable that algorithms and parameters designed for a limited-hub regional carrier would be struggling to deal with the increased route complexity and customer mix of a true global airline like UA.