FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 Air Canada Top Tier Program
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:37 am
loaloys

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G
Angry Asian flyers

Yeah, my wife does Asiana since she is based in China, but now I'll have to switch too based on these changes... the only thing of value to my profile is the ability to upgrade international flights...

Originally Posted by Hawkler
I have been loyal to Air Canada for 15 years... I used Air Canada because of the opportunity to get to Star Alliance Gold at 35K miles.

While I am not a high mileage traveler, average 35K -45K miles a year, I stayed with Air Canada because of the benefits. My average travel airline costs is about $60K US per year, the quality of service, the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the seats, were all subpar compared to their competition ... yet i stayed with Air Canada because of the Star Alliance gold, and Loyalty. I would change my international routing just to hit an Air Canada plane... Not that i would be looking for upgrades.. but brand loyalty means something to me...

I realize I’m probably a Minority on this Forum with my low mileage but this will end my relationship with Air Canada at the end of 2012. My $60K US will go to Sky team, or Asiana. I am fine with all the other tier changes but having Star Alliance Gold made my travel experiences so much better. I might as well switch to Asiana / Korean Air and have Friendly staff, fantastic food, and a comfortable seat to sit in.

I realize that Farewell Air Canada lets enjoy this last year together... my disappointment is breath taking...