FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedia is now offering discount intra-China tix
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:54 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
Is that a bad thing? EVERY time (thus far 4 times) I have purchased Spring or Juneyao tickets, they were cancelled by the airline Ended up on standby with another airline usually China Eastern.
I still have yet to venture into those waters, but let's face it; they are dirt cheap. A friend of mine flew them PEK-SHA last week and said it was fine, "on time and decent congee," to use his exact words. I've also hold some -- to be kind -- less than stellar stories, but I won't go there now.

Fox: Expedia is not cheaper than ctrip; my situation is somewhat unique because of the 25% TYP discount. So, for the flight I took today, I ended up coming out ahead... with a full boat 发票 to boot. While both the train and the Juneyao flight (at 730a, mind you) would have been substantially cheaper, since it's Xmas, I wanted to treat myself to a ride in my favorite airplane in China, the CA 330. It was a great flight; in fact, all of my flights have been great during the past several months... so much too the extent that I am going to update my "last flight ever" thread.