FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex & BA Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:53 am
pazza2000

Originally Posted by usually sat at the back
... has anyone else had this in the post today from Amex (Plat). An offer of a completely free night stay in one of 63 Starwood properties worldwide from The Luxury Collection, W, Weston, Le Meridien and Sheraton up to the end of Sept next year.

No catches, no charges/fees, no minimum stay etc - just a totally free night.

The only potential catch is there are no properties in the UK so it's likely you'd volunteer to tag on another night or two to make the trip worthwhile, or it could help a TP run with a free hotel in the middle.
That is a great freebie, although if it can not be used in the UK then i guess there is a bit of a catch in that SPG or AMEX are hopefull you will tag it on to purchased adittional nights.

Still, W and Luxury Collection stays in particular can be very pricey. I would happily swap you 2 x LHR fasttrack & 2 x £10 Duty Free vouchers for this

Recently cancelled the Gold, i am going to give it a few more months of distance and most definetly apply for the Plat with incentives like this.

FYI: The Plat gives you free SPG Gold status, it is a little known benefit and you have to contact SPG and send in 'proof' of Plat.