FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:50 pm
jplondon

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I would argue there's quite a strong cultural difference. In some ways the BA board resembles a lot of the kind of culture/aspirations which the BA premium cabin brand tries to evoke: a sort of throwback to the era of Noel Coward - complete with class is an important issue, a hint of ill-will to those seeking to go up a class without earning it, a not-entirely-secret willingness to understand the actual way to raise once's class; and of course there's the secret society (cf. the Mucci), the frisson of homosexuality (this is not a pejorative comment: I'm not saying it's bad, not saying it's good - just saying it's a not a topic the bmi board every really talks about/alludes to, despite the fact that SMB was a very prominent gay figure at the top of UK Plc) .. the whole thing is just a little bit like a novel set in a 1930s Boarding School.

the bmi board strikes me as a little bit more transactional. All people seem to care about is how to convince someone in Pune to let them fly ALA-FRA-ZRH-NRT-MUC-FRA-ALA in F for 20,000 miles; plus the occasional mourning of the bmi hat...

And yes, I'm both BD 55k*G and a BA Gold... and a very happy frequent visitor to both fora
Well said, and yes am both BD and BA gold as well.