FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:57 am
sbagdon

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
My NRT-ATL for Memorial Day 2012 has definitely gone to the new configuration. I can't figure out which seat to book for myself. I really like the extra space/shoulder room of 7A on the 77L. What is comparable on the modified 744? The last row of each cabin?

While I generally like the upper deck (except the tiny overheads--any word on changes there?) right now I've picked 6A. I might pick the last row in front of the exit door on the UD if that will have some extra space.

FWIW, my LAX-NRT over Fourth of July has gone 77L. Seems like a waste of the LR; I assume it must be for a/c positioning reasons-- in from SYD, out to NRT?
747 upper-deck had huge side lockers, seem to remember being able to fit a roller carry-on in there. Never used the overhead on the 747 UD, even when traveling without checked luggage.

Any idea when this will be compete? Thinking of taking a trip currently served by the 747s, yet have until mid-'13 to fly it. If they'll be complete by end of '12, then cool.

Last edited by sbagdon; Dec 21, 2011 at 11:07 am