FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fitness coaches - going rate?
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:03 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
I actually just joined a gym.

They have an in house trainers that charge 250 rmb per hour. Which seemed a tad high. Thus my question.

This gym is brand new. Gym equipment just out of the box. All Natalus or Bowflex equipment. Yogo, Aerobics, spin rooms.

But I really need some support and assistance to make sure I am doing the exercises correctly.
Yeah, that's rather nuts. I can't recall exactly what I paid in Portland because training sessions were routinely sold in confusing bundles, but way less than that. On the flip side, the trainers I know in China are far better qualified in the field than your typical back-up high school quarterback. But, still, that's serious coin for a 20-something that presumably lives with his/her parents, and has no debts.

Why don't you give yoga a try? The classes at my gym are small enough for the teachers to provide lots of personal attention. And, in Shanghai, there are some amazing yoga studios (with acclaimed instructors from India, Thailand, Phils, etc). I'm a big fan of "hot yoga".