FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:44 pm
CIAO LAX

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Got an upgrade - something works!

Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
I am traveling on a reward ticket next week LAX-EWR, EWR-CUN, CUN-LAX. My flights are listed as YN except for the last flight which is listed as Y (operated by UA). I just called the CO Gold Elite desk, and the agent assured me that I am eligible for Elite Upgrades on my ticket for the CO flights. I explained to her that I was on a reward ticket over Thanksgiving and I was not added to the list, and also how I was embarrassed by the ticket and gate agents at LAX. She apologized but said there is nothing she can do except note my file that I am eligible, and if the computer fails to add me to the listing, I should ask at the airport. She suggested I bring a printout of the website to the airport, to show the agents. I told her at Thanksgiving I showed the agents the website on my phone, and they told me the website was wrong. Sounds hopeless really, but who knows... Will report back with the results of my trip!
So I just wanted to update you all, I am on a reward (EasyPass - YN) ticket from LAX-EWR, EWR-CUN, CUN-LAX ticket. I just got an upgrade notification from CO about my upgrade from LAX-EWR... I was skeptical, but I'm happy to say, something is working in their system! I did go in to Continental.com to update all my 'payment information' on my account the other day, to ENSURE my UNITED Explorer CC number was there. It wasn't on my profile, so I added it. I would recommend that anyone trying to get an elite upgrade on a reward ticket, go into your CO account profile and make sure your CC information is correct. Hopefully this answers some of the confusion...