FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to de-marginalize the TB and create more opportunities for collaboration
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:33 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
koko, I was barely able to gain approval for eliminating the practice of counting Abstain the same as No. That was a minuscule relaxation of the supermajority requirement. I'm sure no TalkBoard will approve a change to a simple majority threshold.

As to standing committees, that's not my idea of how to accomplish anything.

Here's my suggestion: Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't care who gets the credit. Every idea that surfaces here is seen by the TalkBoard, many moderators, and the Community Director. The best ideas will be implemented in some fashion by one or more of these groups.

As long as it improves FT, does an idea really need to pass through the TalkBoard? Apparently for some people (no you, koko!) the answer is Yes.

Edited to add: koko, you can read the history of the Abstain proposal in the private TB forum to see how challenging that was.

Last edited by nsx; Dec 20, 2011 at 12:40 pm