FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to de-marginalize the TB and create more opportunities for collaboration
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:02 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I like the way you think, lady. Hey, how about BOTH: read-only each other's private forums and have a third for collaboration?

We could see where the other is coming from and collaborate on solutions that take into account each group's unique perspectives and priorities.

I understand your frustration. I can see your desire to balance input vs. decisive action, and clearly the TB process is broken when the barriers to making even the simplest changes seem insurmountable.

Hopefully going from 2/3 to simple majority to move decisions would help alleviate some of that frustration. Can you (or anyone else!?) think of any other ways to make the TB a more efficient decision-taking body?
Personally, I feel that the two week voting period for some topics is way too long and during that period topics get beaten to death. I travel, everyone travels. Even when I travel, I'm connected to the Internet. I would be pretty confident that even at my busiest I could vote on just about everything in less than 5 days.