FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to de-marginalize the TB and create more opportunities for collaboration
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:34 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
There's not much I can disagree with in there. I've actually suggested previously a shared private forum between mods and TB members (I don't see TB/mods giving up the ability to get on with their jobs without 'outsiders' looking in) so we actually have an opportunity to discuss in private. That would also give more of an opportunity to have a space to discuss forum management issues (I believe AF/KLM has previously asked to have a catchall third subforum for airlines like KQ, who use the same mileage programme, but are discussed in a disassociated forum elsewhere, but has been refused).

I would agree that mods have taken on more of TB's role... but I also think it's fair to say most of us have not rushed to do it either, and have tended to do so out of frustration over the inaction at times. Should I come to TB to ask for a name change for the VS forum, and risk several weeks of wrangling over the meaning of the word's 'Virgin' and 'Atlantic' only for it to be decided it isn't important enough to vote on, or should I ask just ask Carol for a forum name change.....