FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online no longer does award stopovers properly
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kss5555
So up until late last week, you could book for example DTW-LAX (stopover) LAX-HNL (2 days later), then return HNL-DTW for 40K coach or 75K first with no problem online. Now, it will price out as 150K or 105K etc. I have confirmed that all 3 legs have first available. DTW-LAX on 2/9, LAX-HNL on 2/11, and HNL-DTW on 2/16 via SFO and MSP, yet it does not price out properly. Called PM line, first 2 agents said this is what the computer says, third agent said this is not right researched it for me and got it booked properly. I wonder if this is some sort of 1/1/2012 roll out, the end of stopovers on award tickets or something, because why else would it work properly for years and now not. I tested this with other stop overs for example DTW-SEA (stop over)-ANC and back in the summer, same thing.
They made some changes to the award booking engine last week - adding the ability to select cabin when searching by schedule. I bet this would be a glitch as a result of that change.