FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15 hour stopover in dubai...question about visa..
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:44 pm
gomurad

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by rajamin92
hey guys..ok so i m flying from USA to India on 30th dec..i have 15 hour stop over in dubai..However emirates has booked a room for me in a copthorne hotel..i have question since they r giving me a hotel room, i dnt need to apply for a visa right? I am indian citizena nd USA permanent resident with greencard. and one more question during that stopover time, can i go out side of hotel to visit some places near by the airport or hotel ...I called emirates and they told me that i have to ask at the counter upon arrival in dubai airport about this..what should i do? thank you.

After checking in in USA, ask them where you get a hotel voucher. The hotel voucher includes the Visa. You keep the voucher with you until you arrive to Dubai. Just before immigration ( at the right side of the elevators) there is a customer service desk. They will fix your visa there and then you will go to the bank on the far right. They will put a fee exempt sticker for you. on the right of the bank you will eye scan and finger print. Then you go back to immigration and they will stamp your passport for 96 hrs visa.

DO NOT APPLY FOR A VISA ONLINE OR THROUGH AN AGENCY.

I hope this helps.