FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Post - First Churn - Total Newbie - Help?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:47 pm
thetravelabstract

Welcome to FT! Once you get the taste of the good life you never want to go back!

First the obligatory "always research your credit score and how it works" question. So I'm guessing you did all of that?

First you do not always need to be targeted to apply for a card. Was that the only reason you chose those cards?

Before choosing which cards you should choose which airlines are best for you. Do any have your local airport(s) as their hub? Where do you want to travel? What class?

Answering those questions and more will give you a better idea of what cards would be best.

Now, about your list.

1. I do not think you can get two AmEx Business Platinum at the same time. This might cause a red flag unless they are for two different companies.

2. Skip the no/low point cards.

3. You can not get 3 Citi Cards at the same time. Instead I would focus on this thread where you get 50k AAdvantage Miles after $3k spend or this special offer for 50k AA miles after $2500 spend.
You should be able to do the two browser trick and apply for both personal cards at the same time then wait 60 days and apply for the CitiBusiness AA card. Read about that here.

Everything I haven't covered can be found on this site with a bit of searching. Also check out "The Special Credit Card Offers Thread" that is at the top of MileBuzz.