FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GateGuru - New App for Phones [Update: GateGuru was Shut Down]
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:53 pm
GateGuru
Company Representative - GateGuru

Originally Posted by javacodeguy
Isn't this already offered by a lot of airlines, hotels or airports?

It sounds an awful lot like AA's Five Star Service.

I know that a lot of airports also already offer a very similar service. And some hotels in other countries will set things up like this to help expedite you through customs and have a car waiting for you.

I'd only even consider paying for the customs help and only in countries where I know this might take more than 15 or 20 minutes. If I want a car, any decent hotel will give me a concierge number to call and they can set up the car service. And I have no use for any sort of lounge access at most airports. Between *G, Priority Pass and Amex Plat I have access to a huge list of lounges already. I'm sure most FTers already have a healthy list of lounges they can access.

Are you planning on just partnering with all the currently available services? If so this might work, but probably not with this community. You will just be opening up your services to the masses. I don't think the average traveler even knows that most of these things exist. The number one being lounges.
Yes, it would be similar to AA's Five Star Service, although our initial thought was that seems more aimed at the newbie traveler and less towards the hard-core traveler (and maybe there isn't a real solution for the HC traveler). We would be partnering with existing services versus trying to recreate the wheel. At the end of the day, we have a significant amount of people that leverage GateGuru to make their day-of travel easier, and so brining in additional services that make the entire day-of travel an even better experience seems like there could be some demand for it. Again, some really interesting perspectives on what FTers are really looking for / in need of. Thanks!