FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking our teenagers to Bali...will this work?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:06 am
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by mdc22474
Jiejie, you hit on what is now our chief concern... Time. As you mentioned I'm concerned a week is not enough time for the trip. We would leave on Saturday but not arrive at DSP until late Sunday night. Realistically, that makes Monday a half day and I'm wondering if it's worth the flying if we need to leave on saturday. Missing additional school might be a problem for the kids now that they are in high school but we need to think through it. If nothing else, I'm thinking maybe we just stay in Ubud the whole time.

Thanks for the tips on the bike tours, sounds like exactly our type of activity.

I'm still so undecided on this.
It would be best to have 7 full days in Bali, plus 3 days for addtional travel time. (1.5 each way which gives you some connection time). You do "lose" a day westbound transpac but pick it up on the eastbound. With two weekends + a full week of spring break (assumed), that's nine days. So perhaps just steal one from school on either or both ends of the vacation period, depending on whether they have exams or not. They should be able to keep up with/make up any non-exam routine work. One or two days taken out a 12-year span of education isn't going to be nearly as valuable to their perspective and education as the week in Indonesia.