FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:14 am
exbayern

I read on some of these cruise blogs this book where if you pay $37, you will learn the secrets of how to save $$$ when dealing with cruise ships.. I almost purchased the buy button, but didn't as I'm weary about these get rich quick schemes.. even no risk return policy, I thought I'd better ask if anyone here has benefitted from material such as this book when it comes to saving money on cruise ships..
Don't waste your money. You really need to visit a site such as CruiseCritic for cruise information; you'll get far more detail than you will on FT (although I personally think that FT tends to be more brutally honest than sites such as CruiseCritic which are often populated by somewhat blind fans) There just isn't much posting about crusing on FT, even on the cruise board.

By the way, 'Euro Disney' has not existed since 1995. It is Disneyland Paris.

I have read a lot of trip reports which make me shudder (such as the one where an American family went on a Disney cruise and was too scared to eat gelato because it is a 'strange' food) There are two excellent ones however which I can recommend on Mouseowners.com. One is by a moderator named tomandrobin, and outlines the trip he and his wife took to Italy and on a cruise. The other is a poster named Grandbuddy who went with his wife on a cruise and then to various places including London and Edinburgh, and cruised home on the Queen Mary 2. I highly recommend searching for those from earlier this year.

And again, it would really help us to help you if you gave us something more to work with than 'Europe', 'cruise', 'Disney', and 'Olympics'. What are your interests? History, museums, art, theatre, hiking, etc? And can you narrow down where you are planning to go, as currently you seem to be stretching from Scotland to the Baltics to the Mediterranean and I don't think that anyone can really help you with specifics until you give us some more specific information.