FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancelled 3 months prior to departure -Please help me with my specific options
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:10 pm
SAN 1K

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by miamihoosier
I guess the bottom line is Continental will not accept United Mileage Plus miles for travel on Continental. Fact as of 12-13-2011. I simply ask for them to transfer my tickets to the Continental. No way, no how. Some of you who are saying you work for United, go look on reservations and see of you can find a way to get them accepted. I would be very greatful. Many agents have tried, none have succeeded. The reason I don't simply ask for a refund is there are no tickets available at this date for a reasonable price relative to using my Mileage Plus tickets. I bought these ticket almost nine months ago. I truely have been very nice to everyone I have talked to. I have never raised my voice. I have ask a lot of questions. I have gotten nowhere. Certainly frustrating. I only mention small claims court, because I have gotten no where with this problem. I really think United should be somehow financially liable when they caused the problem and have made no effort to correct it. As far as I can tell, if they make me fly two days early, they should be responsible for two days of hotel and food. I had a confirmed reservation and they made the change. They should pay for the difference. How is that unreasonable?
I had a similar experience with flights to/from RSW for next spring. When I had to rework my outbound due to "consolidation" of the merged schedule, the GS agent let me transfer the reservation onto CO.
By the time (a few weeks later) the return got discombobulated for the same reason, the policy must have changed, because there was absolutely no flexibility to move my UAL XY reservation onto CO, despite the fact that the merger was clearly responsible for the changes in schedule. And yes, I called back multiple times (3 I think) with a very humble (sometimes I try naive) approach.