FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:55 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We spent 8 days in Disneyland in California over the summer and barely crammed in everything we wanted to do.. So 5 days is a bit short for us, but we'll try and make do..

Thanks for the advice received.. I agree with everyone not to rent a vehicle for the most part but its good to know that its an option.. I think the cruise, although its a tourist trap will get us around to places a bit more relaxes.. taken care of at all levels, that we can just enjoy the stopovers and sightseeing..

Any advice on getting on the cruise and getting off the day before we head out to the Olympics.. I think we'll stop at 4 events, and possibly extend our stay one more night to enjoy the closing ceremonies festivities..

I want to try out a bunch of different cities, and a land tour would have been perfect, but simply not offered for children 4 and under which is really dissapointing.. Even the family tours offered by Trafilgar states only children 5 and above..

We're planning to train around everywhere.. not that I'm opposed to riding the bus, but I've got it in my mind it'll be a bit faster and less confusing.. but maybe I'm missing something here?

I guess Croydon is a bit dreary.. but all I'm concerned about is getting accessibility to a train station.. walking accross the street that takes a conservative 5 minutes and having the ability to catch a train no problem.. Reviews of other single female travellers and families seem safe.. I'm a big 6'5" guy, so if a single female traveller feels safe, that goes a long ways I guess in the reviews..

I wanted to stay longer for the Olympics and was shopping for a few more tickets.. Didn't want to go overboard so decided that having one event per day was plenty.. and hopefully food can be found.. I looked at the Olympic food brochure so it seems that there is mass organization and thought thats' gone into providing food for the games.. So hopefully, we can find some sit down restaurant options at the venues.. or figure out a way to get some tickets to hit up some of the hospitality lounges.. Plus one event a day would give us some flexibility to hit up some Olympic festivities that don't require a ticket..

So when do you guys think we should leave the games to continue on our journey? The day of the closing ceremonies or the day after so that we can enjoy the festivities?