FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:37 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
5 days seems like an awfully long time at Disney. I had been on everything multiple times in a day and a half. But if that's your thing.

I can see the appeal of the cruise with regards to the handling of your kids, but i can't help thinking you'll be spending so much time at sea and transferring between the ship and land.

I'm not sure on pricing, but you might consider using the good ferries which run between Stockholm, Tallinn, and Helsinki. Rent a car and do some exploring. I would prefer this, as when you don't want to do anything, you don't have to, but you can decide when rather than sitting around waiting to arrive at the next destination, and then waiting again to get off the ship.
Thanks.. rides is one thing.. but we want to hit up character meals, nice sit down restaurants, enjoy the shows, evening night out.. as well as go on rides multiple times..

A novelty really to visit Euro Disney as most NAers don't get to visit a foreign Disney.. It would be neat to hit up Hong Kong Disney, and Tokyo Disney as well.. hopefully next year we'll pass through to Singapore and stop over HKG..

The cruises we're looking at have one or two days at sea.. but there are multiple stop overs we don't get to see unless we are on a cruise.. Any tips to prebook some of the excursions to avoid getting throttled on the pricing of tours.. Not having the ability to go on a land tour is a bummer.. but I've never been on a cruise before, never really wanted to do so before, but we are seeing the benefits of being catered going around in a ship, getting fed.. relaxing instead of worrying about the kids not having fun.. It will be a nice novelty for sure..

Unfortunately the majority of cruise lines are charging adult prices for kids.. so I just want to avoid those outfits to send a message.. that's why we're interested in Royal Carribean as child prices seem reasonable compared to the other cruise lines..

Just booked in Croydon, accomodations for the Olympics.. 20 minutes door to door via train to the Olympics.. called the Hallmark Hotel Croydon.. a 4 star for $212 cdn per night.. should I keep this one? Dates are August 7th to August 12th for 5 nights.. we're thinking adding on a 6th night for good measure.. take in the closing ceremonies on site.. Site reviews were 2 out of 5.. but reading the reviews, most of the low scoring reviews were prior to their 2 million pound reno.. post reno reviews, most were 5 out of 5..

Thanks for the feedback.. lots to learn.. learning each day..

Which cruise would you guys pick?.. 7 day western meditteranean beginning July 23rd, or 12 night Scandinavia and Russia Cruise (just getting back on August 7th to check in on the evening of August 7th.. before hitting Olympics for the next 5 days.. so a bit of cruise lag)..