FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:29 pm
Disco Volante

Originally Posted by BAWatersideGuy
Hi all

First time poster on FT!

I have been weighing up either going for Lloyds Avios cards/ Lloyds Premier Avios or the BA Amex.

I know the Lloyds are new to the market and I know (if you sign up through avios.com) that you cna get a lot more bonus Avios than with BA Amex.

However all the talk on this thread seems to point to a lot of rejections to people applying for the Lloyds card.

In my new role I am likely to be travelling a fair amount and it would be good to put all my expenses on one of these cards to increase my BAEC points.

Any advice from those more experienced?

Thanks in advance!
Get both. The Lloyds Premier Duo 12.5 Avios per £ is a good deal, but only earns at this rate for 3 months. Thereafter it falls to 1.25 per £. You can them use the BA Amex Premium Plus, which earns 1.5 Avios per £ (and 3 Avios per £ on BA fares) and a 2-4-1 voucher if you spend £10000 in a year which gives you a free seat when you use Avios to buy a seat. This works in any class. The Lloyds card gives you a voucher but only in economy IIRC. If you get the Amex, then you might as well dump the Lloyds card after the first three months.

And Amex will give you a free supplementary card in the same account if you would like to keep your business expenses separate.