FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:28 am
PeteTheBrit

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Never been.. we are Disney Connoisseurs so we are planning 5 days at Euro Disney..

We are also planning a cruise because.. ugh.. Land Tour companies won't take our business because of our two year old.. and most of the cruise companies charge an arm and a leg for children just to stay in the same room. I did find that Royal Carribean only charged $199 per child.. so I booked an option with them and need to decide by December 14th whether or not to pull the trigger. The base price for Oceanview Balcony is $1,908 per adult, and its the Western Mediterranean Cruise that leaves on August 13th.. I've found a Baltci Russia Cruise that would be perfect.. leaves 26th for 12 days and gets back to Stockholm, as we're booked into a hotel currently on the 7th, with one event per day for 4 days at the Olympics.. but my wife wants to do Mediterranean, which leaves visiting Paris 7 days before having to get back to London for the games on the 7th.

I like the cruise because its like going on a tour.. the food is taken care of, but I imagine land excursions are big bucks based on my research during the stopovers..

Accomodations in Paris seems reasonable.. would like to spend a bit of time there for sure..
5 days seems like an awfully long time at Disney. I had been on everything multiple times in a day and a half. But if that's your thing.

I can see the appeal of the cruise with regards to the handling of your kids, but i can't help thinking you'll be spending so much time at sea and transferring between the ship and land.

I'm not sure on pricing, but you might consider using the good ferries which run between Stockholm, Tallinn, and Helsinki. Rent a car and do some exploring. I would prefer this, as when you don't want to do anything, you don't have to, but you can decide when rather than sitting around waiting to arrive at the next destination, and then waiting again to get off the ship.