FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:37 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
That's a lot of Disney...almost a month!

Food at EuroDisney is pretty good overall if you eat in the restaurants rather than the fast food places. Those i would steer clear of.

You might get a good deal to stay a couple of nights in one of the hotels in the park, and from what i've heard, they aren't bad. There are many more in the surrounding towns which are reasonably priced. Try and pick one near a train station to make your ride to the park easier.

When you're done with the park which you need a day for, stay in Paris and sightsee there. I don't know if you've been before or not, but even if you have, Paris is far more entertaining than EuroDisney.
Never been.. we are Disney Connoisseurs so we are planning 5 days at Euro Disney..

We are also planning a cruise because.. ugh.. Land Tour companies won't take our business because of our two year old.. and most of the cruise companies charge an arm and a leg for children just to stay in the same room. I did find that Royal Carribean only charged $199 per child.. so I booked an option with them and need to decide by December 14th whether or not to pull the trigger. The base price for Oceanview Balcony is $1,908 per adult, and its the Western Mediterranean Cruise that leaves on August 13th.. I've found a Baltci Russia Cruise that would be perfect.. leaves 26th for 12 days and gets back to Stockholm, as we're booked into a hotel currently on the 7th, with one event per day for 4 days at the Olympics.. but my wife wants to do Mediterranean, which leaves visiting Paris 7 days before having to get back to London for the games on the 7th.

I like the cruise because its like going on a tour.. the food is taken care of, but I imagine land excursions are big bucks based on my research during the stopovers..

Accomodations in Paris seems reasonable.. would like to spend a bit of time there for sure..