View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 11, 3:33 pm
larryflyer

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. it was not DOB (I can't see where Avios has a space for that) but non-matching e-mail addresses which was the problem. It seems that if they match it does not matter that the addresses are in different countries. How very odd !
+1: I was initially unable to merge my Avios due to differing email addresses.

Incidentally, just before the Avios launch day, I called to reactivate an Airmiles account that had been cancelled (for non-use) about two years ago. The website said such accounts could be reactivated (and keep the same account number) but expired Airmiles would not be re-credited.

To my great surprise (and delight), once the account was finally accessible on-line (just after Avios launch day) I had over 17,000 Avios. The expired Airmiles HAD been restored, and converted to Avios (10:1).

So for anyone with long-expired Airmiles account, it could be worth a call to try and reactivate. Doesn't matter if you don't know the account number, or even the linked email address. Postcode and name are sufficient for the call centre to locate the account. I would suggest NOT asking for expired miles to be recredited, at least initially. Just reactivate the account and see what happens.