FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Beijing
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:37 am
Guillaume

Programs: FB Plat, BA Gold, Asiana *Gold
Fairmont Beijing closed till January 4th

I just came back from Beijing. I was supposed to stay for 2 days in the Fairmont, but two days in advance I got an email stating that due to (very) heavy construction work in an adjacent building site they closed down the hotel. It would give to much distraction/noise and so on. They re-booked me to the Raffles in Beijing, for the same price (I had a NFAF rate). I was slightly disappointed, had really looked forward to staying at the Fairmont. Just came from Shanghai where I also stayed at the Fairmont. That is one of the better Fairmonts around I would say with beautiful rooms and very personal service. A true oasis in this immense city.

The Raffles was OK but not quit up to Fairmont standard. However a very quit room which was really nice. In the Raffles I heard the Fairmont didn't foresee the shutdown. After debating whether the close down partly they decided to close completely in the interest of the guests.

The evening I left I found an envelope on the cushion of the bed with an apology letter as well a voucher for a free night for two with breakfast with a validity of a year. I thought this was a nice gesture.

The stay should count for the FPC.

The Fairmont Beijing should reopen on the 4th of January.