FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:55 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for the Great tips.. I was under the impression that driving was a no go.. getting used to the idea maybe having to travel on trains.. but wrapping my head around the luggage scenario..

So automatics are rare? In Ireland and Britain.. do you need an international driver's licencse to be allowed to rent? I've heard this in the past, but an AAA travel agent told me that I can rent, but driving the vehicle on the other side make sme think that I need to have an international driving designation..

Hotel rooms are expensive, but I lowered my standards to fit the budget a bit.. and out a bit further so far.. we'll have to see if I can get some reasonable accomodations closer.. right now in Gatwick, and looks to be an hour and a half to venues.. but the other options are like more expensive, but cuts a half an hour off the travel time during the Olympics..

Regarding documentation requirements.. I just need a passport? I'm planning to visit England, France, possibly Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Belgium, Rome..