FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:37 pm
umamy

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz
Originally Posted by controller1
Review of recent stay.

CHECK-OUT
Typically, I choose video check-out when I stay at this property, but something on the folio caused me to go and check-out at the front desk. That something was the statement at the bottom of the folio which said "As a Starwood Preferred Guest you have earned at least 0 Starpoints for this visit Pxxxxxxxxx." With the exception of one time three years ago at a Westin in Texas, I've always seen an amount other than "0" in this statement. And, sure enough with that experience three years ago it took me a month to get the previous amount to post so I wanted to head this off and give the property the opportunity to correct this instead of starting at Starwood Customer Service.

Well, after about five minutes of trying to tell the check-out agent (and by the way there was a dedicated SPG Gold/Platinum area during check-out) about the issue I really received no satisfaction. The agent thought the "0" indicated how many points I had in my SPG account prior to this stay. I explained that the number in the statement was supposed to represent the number of points that would be posted for this stay. After leaving the front desk for a few minutes, the agent reappeared telling me everything was OK because she had two supervisors tell her that it would take from 7-10 days for the stay to post to my account and anytime there is an amount in the statement on the folio, that the number represents the amount of points I received from my most recent previous stay in the Starwood system, not the current stay. When I indicated that was not correct, she said that both supervisors said it was. I said OK and went to retrieve my car. I'll update this review when/if the points post and give details of any interaction I have to have with Starwood to bring about such posting.
Did this ever get resolved? I just booked a stay at this hotel for the Sugar Bowl and am hoping to not run into the same problem.