FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
Odd opt out last Saturday at SJC.

The WTMD was open when I got in line...but as usual (sigh) it was closed when I was almost on it! The gentleman in front of me was told to go to the NOS and I was told to go there as well. I opted out and the gentleman in front of me asked what that was. I told him you do not need to go through the machine you can opt out and go through the WTMD and then be patted down. He also opted out (as did the gentleman behind me after hearing our conversation).

After opting out...we were told that we had to WALK THROUGH THE NOS ANYWAY. The gentlemen who had also opted out began to go through and I said in a loud voice...I'm not going through there...WE OPTED OUT. The TSO told us they 'didn't have the clicker' and we would be patted down after we walked through the NOS. I told them NO...I'll go through the WTMD then get the pat down.

The TSO grudgingly opened the WTMD and asked for two male and one female assists. What's up with telling us that we had to walk through the NOS after the opt out?