FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:34 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient

Many thanks to the FT community for help.. Its been a great L/Earning experience for me the last couple of years.. and trips have been getting more complex and longer than ever..

Generally when we fly, we vacation for 3 weeks at a time nowadays.. This latest Europe Booking will have us gone for 7 weeks.. so the longest trip that I've ever taken in my life.

We weren't planning to book, but there is a book Business Class for economy promo on AE I couldn't resist.. and we've been wanting to visit Europe for awhile now, so decided to jump into it with both feet. I've never been to Europe but my wife has about 19 years ago.. so we need a quick refresher about everything. We have a 2 year old and a 6 year old.. and having travelled 2 1/2 months this past year, we feel comfortable to embark on this journey.;.

So some prelimnary questions are.. Do we need Visa for the any of the surrounding countries in Europe after landing in London Heathrow.

Our dates are as follows.. YYC-YYZ-EWR, stop 6 days, EWR-Frankfurt-LHR, destination July 16th to August 23rd, LHR-YYZ, stop 5 nights, YYZ-YYC

Didn't know, but we are also there for the whole time during the summer olympics.. so we could visit London on arrival, leave say to France or some other country, come back for the Olympics, leave for some other country, and comeback to leave.

Any ideas what a family of 4 with 2 small children should do.. We planned to hit up 10 countries, and the Olympics is throwing a kink into it.. so maybe only 5 countries? We'd like to visit Disneyland France.. Anyone have experience with this as well.. Some countries we're thinking of is Germany, Switzerland, Scotland, France.. I've a cruise would work as well..

Passport documentation enough to enter countries.. How bout rental vehiclesd, does everyone drive the wrong side of the road compared to NA? What are some things to watch for? How bout a cruise?.. this has been suggested a couple of times..

The dates of the Olympics is approximately July 27th to Aug 15th..

Any advice is greatly appreciated.