FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:42 pm
SoCal

Why wouldn't OP get their ATN boarding pass (even if it says Qantas operated by ATN) when they check-in at EWR? Their bags should be checked through. I realize that is separate from getting a boarding pass, but OP should be able to confirm with AA (the carrier from EWR to LAX, apparently) whether they will have that boarding pass. Since the ticket is a through-passage, purchased at one time, I don't understand why they wouldn't already have their ATN boarding pass. I don't know anything about the special shuttle, but having the boarding pass would at least allow OP to bypass the line at the ATM check-in counter at TBIT. I would think OP could confirm that with a phone call to AA. Since OP's bags will be checked through to Tahiti, so they won't have to fool with them at LAX, I agree that walking to TBIT would be quicker than taking the regular inter-terminal shuttle bus (which is available to everyone, regardless of boarding passes), that goes counter-clockwise among all of the terminals.

Last edited by SoCal; Dec 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm