FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I intend to run for President of the TalkBoard and I am going to tell you why.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:01 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dovster
There is an obvious, and already built-in, cure for that -- 4 new members will be elected next year and 5 the year after. If TB's decisions are unpopular ones, those who voted in favor of them will not find themselves re-elected.
I doubt that it is in and of itself a remedy to the concern about tyranny by way of a voting minority or majority, but it is a concern remedied by other means, including that which is available by way of the FT CD and those appointed by the FT CD to perform current board management activities. I have doubt that FT will ever see the majority of FTers vote in TB elections even if kokonutz's suggestions were implemented without impediment.

Originally Posted by Dovster
Right now, it is only a tiny minority who cares enough to vote, but let TB decisions truly impact our experience on this forum and that will change.
The underlying reason why I voted for kokonutz and RichMSN is that their suggestions have a reasonable chance of making the elections matter more and of deepening and widening the participation on FT. In other words, consider your above sentence to be a shared assumption.