FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:13 am
thegoderic

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Stafford
From what all the posts are saying, I have narrowed down to:
Waldorf Hilton
London Tower Bridge
Trafalgar
Doubletree Courthouse
Doubletree West End

As I am trying to stay for 8 nights in 2 rooms, I am wondering what's the best value for points that's still in the middle of something exciting? We'll have the 8 year old and 13 year old, as well as my mother. We've traveled in South America squeezing into two rooms, but I am worried about the smaller European standard making this difficult.

The Trafalgar seemed to be my best choice, but I would prefer an executive lounge.

Thoughts?
Waldorf - good location (theatreland), nice lounge, lousy at providing upgrades but if you get them some very individual exec rooms and suites
Tower Bridge - Vey nice hotel, good lounge, OK rooms, a bit out of the main tourist area
Trafalgar -Unbelievable location, nice rooms, no lounge but my personal favourite.
Courthouse - good location (shopping, Oxford St), OK rooms, mixed for upgrades, no lounge
West End - slightly off the main tourist track, variable rooms, lounge just about OK