FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why use a private Passport Renewal Service?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:22 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
My suggestion is to look at the passport expeditor websites and see what they are requiring of their customers. Typically, the customer has to apply in person, then put the application with the acceptance officer's stamp in a sealed envelope, then send that sealed envelope to the expeditor, along with a letter authorizing the expeditor to act on their behalf.
Similarly, look at the US State Dept website and the consular websites of countries you'd be arranging visas to visit. These agencies detail the requirements for obtaining passports and visas. Most of them (that I've seen) have a brief mention of how you can obtain documents for a third party such as a family member or friend. I have gotten visas that way before, both for someone else by carrying their paperwork to the consulate, and by giving my paperwork to someone else to hand-carry. I have also used expediters on 2 or 3 occasions. They're only doing the same thing my friends and I have done for each other, except they're charging money for it.