FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to President's Club
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:37 pm
jisaac

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by squashgw
So I'm new to President's Club and wanted to get a better understanding of how the two class upgrade works.

If I reserve a Full Size, does that mean that I'm then upgraded into Luxury or Specialty?

Also, what is the best way to ensure ahead of time that the location may have that level of car.
I am on year-three as a President's Club member with Avis and have had nothing but great experiences. I always reserve full size and have had little difficulty getting upgrades to pretty much whatever I want. the majority of my experience is in the US and mainly at airport locations. Upgrades for me have ranged anywhere from Towncars to Yukon XL's. Last week I was upgraded from a full size to a Tahoe by asking for it (they had me booked in a smaller SUV). I book on highly discounted rates and my service has not diminished.

Truly, I am a happy camper with Avis and though I previously was dedicated to Enterprise (who also took good care of me), Avis has earned my steady business for three years and I have no plans of changing.

Congrats on the new status, enjoy it.