FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why use a private Passport Renewal Service?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:02 am
Apache1984

A MYSTERY::: Starting a 3rd party passport expediting agency?

I live in NYC and I am strongly considering starting a 3rd Party Passport Expediting service for a teacher recruitment program I own and operate. I absolutely refuse to use a 3rd party passport expeditor when my comp may could follow the proper steps (can't find those steps) in order to expedite the passports internally. Honestly, the 3 rd party expeditors would scare off the teachers I've recruited because of the expeditors high fees... So I want my company to become a third party expeditor Agency for the teachers we hire.

I have searched google for countless hours, attempted using google's "advanced search option", and still the trail came up dry..... So I went to the U.S. State Department spoke with just about everyone in that 20 story tall building and no one knows the proper procedural steps. NO ONE!!! I checked with homeland security and they didn't know the answer or just felt like saying I don't know because they didn't feel like explaining it. I even called other 3rd party expeditors that have sucessful 3rd Party Expediting Services advertised online and they wouldn't even hint at the proper procedure in order to establish a 3rd party passport expediting service. Either some a little fishy/corrupt is going on or I an the dozens of U.S. State Department staff reps. are missing something very obvious.... Look, I'm a grad student fresh out grad school and I'm doing something entrepreneurial with my life in order to get other people my age jobs overseas, teaching...... I need to process 30 to 50 to 100 passports a week and there is NO WAY I'm using a 3rd party expeditor when my company can establish our own 3rd party passport agency...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS!?!?

WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN ORDER TO STARTING A 3RD PARTY PASSPORT AGENCY?????????

1. What Agency licenses the 3rd Party Passport Agencies?

2. What is the proper procedure for applying for a license to become a 3rd Party Passport Agency?

3. Can anyone put me in contact with someone who might know the answer to these questions? A GOVERNMENT LAWYER, IMMIGRATION LAWYER PERHAPS?

It seems as if every person in the U.S. State Department does the same mundane task everyday and that's their job. So when I come in with a question like "How do I start a 3rd Party Passport Expediting service", they have no idea what to say and just send me to a different office or a different floor.. I can't find ANYONE that knows the answer......

This is a call for help...

I'M TRYING TO SEND U.S. COLLEGE GRADS TO CHINA TO TEACH FOR 3 MONTHS on working Visa issued by China. (that is not the complicated part)... I PLAN ON EXPANDING THE BUSINESS BUT IT'S CRUCIAL THAT I ESTABLISH my company as a 3RD PARTY PASSPORT AGENCY.

I've never been in a chat forum before, so please try to help me in anyway you can.

Thank you so much in advance,
Pete