FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intercontinental San Juan, PR Master Thread
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:46 pm
Hosserunda

We just stayed here one night for a stop over on a trip to the W Vieques. We didn't expect much and that was a good thing because the hotel doesn't offer much. The rooms are old, boring, have absolutely nothing luxurious or extraordinary. We got upgraded from lagoon view to Ocean view on the 11th floor (Ambassador). The room didn't smell bad like others reported here.

+ Hotel is close to the airport, only 3 minute taxi ride. You could probably walk, hypothetically!
+ Direct beach access, beach is good to spend some time or go for a run.
+ Rooms are spacious
+ Pool looked nice and clean

- Rooms are lacking style and decoration. They look so boring and old.
- Old fumes on the "balcony"
- Balcony is too small to really do anything on them. No space for a chair.
- Hotel has several restaurants on site, but all were already closed at 10:45pm. The only option was bar or room service.
- The bathroom is tiny. But what annoyed me most is that I almost had to sit down to get water on my head (I'm 6.3) because the shower head is placed so low.
- No mini bar / refrigerator was empty.

I'd only stay again if pool and beach are really important. We first thought about staying here our entire trip but we were so happy we didn't do it after our one night.

EDIT: How can I add pictures to a post here? I got some nice fly-by photos of the property from our flight to VQS.