FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Beijing
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:14 pm
daiseee

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Just returned from 6 nights at the Fairmont Beijing. Cheetah's review is pretty much spot on. I enjoyed this hotel immensely. Great central location, off the busy main road, yet close enough to the subway to get wherever you want without having to hail a cab. The State Dept. deemed one of the days I was there as 'Hazardous' (air quality) so I took the opportunity to stay in and use the spa. Definitely one of the best massages I've ever had, at a decent price. Nice exercise room, steam room, and pool with jacuzzi as well. The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast each day, which was decent enough - though there wasnt much variety day to day so after the first few days, it got old. Luckily the price was included in my rate so I didnt have to pay what would have amounted to $40 each morning (yikes!) I am a pretty self sufficient traveler so didnt use the concierge services but for one time to ask for a map. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated and the bathroom was to die for with a large soak tub (with TV in front of it) and separate very spacious shower. I did not have access to the Gold level / lounge so cannot comment on that. Overall this hotel is an oasis in a manic, bustling city of over 20 million. I'm glad I had a nice, comfortable place to come home to each night. Would definitely return!