FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - S2S Domestic?
Thread: S2S Domestic?
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:44 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ThatJohn
I passed through it yesterday en route WLG-BNE-MEL (avoiding the "yes, I absolutely want to wake up at 3am for the only direct flight" situation) and was underwhelmed.

Nice that they've got the Lindauer Special Reserve bubbles in the little bottles though. I like a good Pinot-y fizz.
Ugh, early morning departures to Oz, best avoided. I have hideous memories of those from back when I was working in Sydney but the better half was in Wellington. I had it down to a fine art: up at about 4.20 Monday morning for a 6.40 departure, hand luggage only, straight to the office in SYD on arrival. My god the day at work wouldn't half drag though.

Even I, for those early departures, stayed off the alcohol but at any other time would also welcome a drop of Lindauer Special Reserve, it's pretty good stuff. What are they serving in Y across the Tasman onboard these days? Is that promo still happening whereby they are serving Montana Reserve wines instead of the basic ones? I shall be back on SYD-WLG in January, after rather a long absence, and since there's no possibility to upgrade to J these days I shall be thrown at the mercy of the current Y class wine offering, so this is of great interest...

Last edited by mad_atta; Nov 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm