FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:55 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by thepoolhalljunky
I can't believe you're defending them either. Change the names on two to my wife and child and PRESTO the terms and conditions are met! You honestly think MCR should wipe out my multiple years of points entered on account of something so small and stupid? I called them and explained the simple mistake to fix it. They said they forwarded it on, so we'll see what happens. I just hate this waiting; I want to speak directly with someone who will handle the problem.
Originally Posted by thepoolhalljunky
Again, we would not even be having this discussion if I had put their names on the other two. Do a bit of analysis. Did I have anything to gain by registering them to my name instead of each member of my household? The prosecuter needs to establish a motive. Since the end result is the same then this shouldn't be a big deal.
Exactly. Had you bothered to read the T&C and done it correctly the first time, it wouldn't have been an issue. Do I think you were trying to defraud MCR? No. Do they have every right to confiscate your points? Absolutely. Kipper's right: By having multiple accounts under the same name, you looked like you were trying to get around the rules.

Mike