FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:02 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by thepoolhalljunky
I can't believe you're defending them either. Change the names on two to my wife and child and PRESTO the terms and conditions are met! You honestly think MCR should wipe out my multiple years of points entered on account of something so small and stupid? I called them and explained the simple mistake to fix it. They said they forwarded it on, so we'll see what happens. I just hate this waiting; I want to speak directly with someone who will handle the problem.
It's not small and stupid to punish those who don't follow the rules. You violated the terms and conditions of the program, and now that you were caught, you want them to look the other way and change the accounts, allowing you to get away with it with no punishment?

As far as changing the name on one to your child, you do realize they have to be at least 13 to have an account, correct? Or is that another rule you want them to allow you to break?
Originally Posted by thepoolhalljunky
Do you you realize that a check in the database can be done with one line of code in MySQL, using a SELECT statement? You make it sound like some overworked, underpaid soul is going to have to search millions of files to satisfy my request for a flag during account creation.
One line of code will allow them to check both names and addresses? Why does it have to be their responsibility to keep people from breaking the rules? What happened to personal responsibility and being responsible for following the rules?